The majority of chimney fires go undetected
Slow-burning chimney fires don’t get enough air or enough fuel to be visible but can still cause major damage to chimney structures and nearby areas of the home.
- When a chimney fire occurs in a masonry chimney, high temperatures can melt and displace mortar, crack tiles–causing liners to collapse, damaging the outer masonry where flames can reach the wood frame, resulting house fires.
- When prefabricated, metal chimneys are damaged by a chimney fire, they should no longer be used and must be replaced.
Excessive soot can cause chimney blockages that direct toxic fumes back into the house.
Protect your family with an annual chimney inspection, to help prevent illness or death from carbon monoxide poisoning.
A chimney damaged by a chimney fire, can endanger a home and its occupants without anyone being aware of them, so it’s important to have chimneys regularly inspected for:
- Cracks in exterior masonry or warped metal chimney smoke chamber pipe
- “Puffy” or “honey combed” creosote (a dark, tar-like residue)
- Creosote flakes found on the ground/roof (or creosote damage)
- Cracked or collapsed flue tiles, or tiles with large chunks missing
- Discolored and/or distorted rain cap
- Evidence of smoke escaping through mortar joints of masonry or tile liners
*All information about chimney safety sourced from csia.org
For chimney sweep and cleaning details, click here.
Ensure you’re hiring the best COMPANY to service your chimney to keep your family safe
Free Estimate + Consultation CALL 24/7: 1-800-427-2446
licensed, insured Chimney Cleaning service
– OR enjoy a safe, wall mounted electric fireplace –
No exposed fire. No noxious fumes. No gas. No burning wood. No dangerous embers.
SAFE, Beautiful, warming, flame-emulating electric fireplaces–
Safe, wall-mounted, electric fireplaces–that can be installed flush, 4″ Depth, same as any standard wall, in your home or office.
Sleek, modern fireplaces that use the same amount of electricity as your TV–while creating a beautiful and comfortable environment, in any room in your home or office.